While Twitter has become the perhaps single most important social site for online marketers this year it’s time to reevaluate the ways to promote your business online in 2009. There are several methods of online marketing, but at Search Engine Experts, we always try to find something, which is not related to Google, but can get you really good results for your business.
Are the online marketing methods we used in 2008 still valid? Do they still work? Or do we have to adapt again in 2009 to a whole new Web? Moreover: Which ways outside the Google search Moloch are there?
Thus at Search Engine Experts picked the 10 Non-Google SEO Ways to Promote your Business Online in 2009. With SEO We mean the strict definition so that PPC, email marketing and affiliate marketing etc. are not included regardless of their worth.
1. Twitter! :Do I need to say more about that? Connect with your peers, fans, clients and inform about special offers etc.
2. Blogging : Blogging at a hosted blog on your domain is still the best interface for your online business, your clients love it, people loosely interested in your offering love it, Google loves it.
3. YouTube :YouTube videos are quite frequently on top of Google search results and the site has millions of visitors on its own, Will it Blend? Yes you can as well.
4. LinkedIn :LinkedIn is the number one place to find professionals in each category, you can also determine the authority of any expert by his contributions (not necessarily by the number of connections)
5. Social shopping sites : Social shopping sites are the new kid on the block you can’t ignore. They boomed in late 2008 and can’t be ignored anymore.
6. Shopping search engines :Shopping search engines, especially for e-commerce sites are still big, everybody uses them to compare products and prices. You must be there.
7. Yahoo Answers + other Q&A sites unless you are in a business where everybody knows everything by heart.
8. Review sites like TripAdvisor :, not only for the travel sector both influence consumers like no other websites and they propel your Google Local listings to the top too.
9. Local sites : and local search like TrueLocal, Yell.com, Qype.co.uk allow people to find what they want in their vicinity, they are becoming more popular due to the smart phones and netbooks wave.
10. Niche communities :, for all kinds of businesses, it might be forums, Ning comunities, niche social sites like Sphinn for search marketers.
Viewing this list it might occur to you that it’s important to use several crucial sites that matter. In a way most of these are “search” or “hub” sites depending on what you look for. Do not focus mainly on Google.
The above sites and services make you succeed in Google as a side-effect. They work directly in the first place by guiding consumers in your direction.