As the name depicts, CMS (Content Management System) is a system to manage content that includes text, images, audio, video and animations etc. Anyone who does not have any knowledge about HTML or CSS can also develop website using a Content Management System (CMS). Many websites are being developed everyday by using Joomla. There are some features of Joomla which are helpful in making a website unique and different.
These features are as follows –
- Joomla is a CMS that is free to use. There is no risk of using it. It offers only benefits when you use it whether you are familiar with it or not.
- Joomla is an open source CMS which is GNU General Public licensed. Anyone can see the code and modify it that is the reason most of the developers have come in this field.
- Joomla is a CMS that has search engine friendly platform. It has a module named rewrite_module which generates search engine friendly URLs. It provides the facility to use title, Meta keywords and Meta description in every web page, which makes it to offer search engine friendliness.
- Joomla offers many templates that can be integrated in any of the website as per the website’s requirements.
- Security becomes main issue whenever a site is developed. Joomla has a team of experts named Joomla Security Strike System (JSST) who fix the security issues. They perform tests, examine the program codes and analyse user feedbacks. If you update your Joomla version timely, then security of your site will be enhanced.