It has become essential in this day and age that to grow your business, you need to utilize all resources within the digital world to help target a larger audience and construct a stronger visible existence online. SEO hasn’t always been raved about and it has slowly become the black sheep of the internet marketing world. By many web users it is greatly misunderstood in terms of approach, intentions and technique. With social media on the rise and the ever developing World Wide Web, SEO has become a prerequisite for any business owner looking to expand their production and keep up with the quickening pace of the internet.
One thing we all know is you can’t argue with raw figures. The following statistics shows that Search Engine Optimization will benefit your company and truly make a difference:
- Statistically, 70% of the links search users click on is organic.
- 79% of search engine users say they always/frequently click on the natural search results. In contrast, 80% of search engine users say they occasionally/rarely/never click on the sponsored search results.
- A study by Out brain shows that search is the #1 driver of traffic to content sites, beating social media by more than 300%. (Proof that SEO techniques direct and increase the amount of traffic to your website than any other online marketing strategies, including social media.)
- Searching the web and e-mailing are the top two most popular Internet activities. That shows that most people rely on the information found on the Internet, thus proving that if you are a company trying to promote a product or an idea, a powerful Internet presence becomes mandatory.
- For Google, a study from Slingshot SEO showed that 18% of organic clicks go to the #1 position, 10% of organic clicks go to the #2 position, and 7% of organic clicks go to the #3 position.
- 88.1% of US internet users ages 14+ will browse or research products online in 2012.
- 81% of businesses consider their blogs to be an important asset to their businesses. (Using a blog or social media with regular updates, helps to build personal subjective ties with consumers and is a constant awareness of your brand.)
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
(Statistics taken from: Seo Outsourcing Chick)