Your Web site is still the center of your marketing universe, but that universe has become a lot more decentralized. Social media – also referred to as new media or Web 2.0 – is changing the landscape of Internet marketing.
Your clients, prospects, friends and competitors are on Facebook, LinkedIn, and even MySpace. They’re blogging and even microblogging, using popular tools like Twitter and Plurk. They’re uploading movies to YouTube and photos to Flickr.
Twitter, blogs, LinkedIn, Facebook – In that Order
By a wide margin, Twitter, blogs, LinkedIn and Facebook are the top four social media tools used by marketers, with Twitter in first place.
Key survey findings about specific application use:
- Small-business owners are more likely to use LinkedIn than employees working for a corporation.
- Men are significantly more likely to use YouTube or other video marketing than women (52.4% of all men compared with 31.7% of women).
- For those just getting under way with social media marketing, LinkedIn is ranked as their number-two choice, pushing blogging down one notch.
- Among those who have been using social media for a few months, Facebook is in second place. This group also has more Twitter use.
- Twitter is used by 94% of marketers who have been using social media for years, followed closely by blogs. This group also endorses online video significantly moreso than the other groups.
Aside from increasing sales, the study also found the primary goals for using social media marketing is to increase customer engagement, “mobilize advocates to drive word-of-mouth” and to increase brand loyalty.
Regarding advocacy and word-of-mouth, the study found that Facebook is considered by brands and merchants to be the
What We do?
Anyone, serious about a meaningful business presence online, needs Search Engine optimization also referred…
How We do?
We will review your web site and that of your competitors and examine the key phrases applicable for your business.
We will also take inputs from you during this period since no one can know your business better than…