Is your SEO Professional ripping you off?
There is a nice conversation running on LinkedIn group called On startups – The community for entrepreneurs
The conversation is titled: “Is your SEO expert ripping you off?”
Interesting, as anyone often wonders the true value of SEO because :
- If your competitors are doing it too (likely), are you both paying for something that doesn’t generate a competitive advantage?
- Nobody outside of Google actually knows how their algorithm works.
- Getting IT people to do marketing is just scary as they forget people have lives offline.
- Every web developer in the world has hopped on the SEO bandwagon, unless he is really a stupid.
Anyway four techniques mentioned for monitoring your SEO effectiveness (the bang-for-the-buck-o-meter).
- Monitor your keywords monthly on Google to see whether you are actually paying for movement in your ranking (obvious). Don’t just search on your business name as that’s almost pointless.
- Find out who links to you. Google takes into account the number of “high ranked” sites that link to you. A link from Craigslist can instantly boost your rankings, while a link from Bob’s House of Junk has no effect. Type “link: www.dreamconsultancy.com.au ” into Google to have a look at who links to the Dream Consultancy.
- Ask your SEO expert for a monthly report. Get a baseline report of where your website stands before optimization began, then request regular (monthly) reports detailing ranking movement.
- Use a third party service such as Authority Labs.
Call us today 1300 885 495 and understand the value for your money spent on SEO