The following topic helps you to increase the traffic on your website. This section will provide information on how to bring more traffic to your website. Many of the methods mentioned below are free and will cost you nothing but time. This video demonstrates Traffic building tactics.
Please read through following tactics as well.
1. Make an effective website. Since users just “stumble” upon your site, it’s necessary to make it attractive. Make it visually appealing. Use colors that appeal to your audience. Use bold prints and readable fonts. Choose designs that are easy on the eyes. Be brief on your homepage, yet be in-depth in the rest of the content. It should be attractive enough to entice users to visit your site again.
The key is eye-catching because if you don’t they’ll stumble away as fast as they stumbled in.
2. Offer free, original, and quality content on your site. This is the most effective means for increasing traffic to a website; offering people something that they cannot obtain elsewhere, or at least, not to the level of quality that you are offering it.
3. Leave links. Link-building is now a fast-growing business. You may hire people to get you to Google’s first page; you may get the same traffic by building links. All you have to do is stumble websites and leave links to your website. This way, you also get to invite users from outside you network. This is possible when they have a links/resources page or a blog with commenting turned on.
4. Improve your search engine ranking by focusing your content on keywords related to your topic. This is called search engine optimization and will help people find your website when they’re searching the Web. Make sure the keywords flow naturally with the text and when you are brainstorming for good words, ask around for words that come naturally to people of all ages when looking for your type of site. To help you understand better, realize that the keywords not only go into headings and page names but also into “meta tags”. “Meta tags” are the software code that website visitors do not see but search engines do. Finally, don’t overdo the keywords; over-stuffing keywords will result in a very low search ranking for your website. Also, be very careful not to place key text inside graphics; search engines cannot pick up graphics.
5. Tag wisely. It is generally advised to use specific tags for your website. But that is no longer a popular technique for tagging. Many now recommend more general tags, like “sports” instead of “surfing.” These tags gets your stumble to a lot more people. The setback here though, is to show up on a largely uninterested audience. I’d say a good balance of both specific and general tags will give you the best of all worlds. Interested users will see it as well as you getting maximum and massive exposure.